Explore the Wetland with a Guided Nature Walk
Nature walks are designed to spark a young person’s interest in nature. Students will begin to develop an appreciation of plants, animals and their habitats. Nature walks will include a bit of New Mexico history and geology.
Field Experience at Leonora Curtin Wetland Preserve
Guided Nature Walk: Fall and Spring 2011-2012
Our guided nature walk presents an overview of the myriad creatures and habitats that make up the Leonora Curtin Wetland Preserve.
- Reservations: Required. Call the Santa Fe Botanical Garden (471-9103) two weeks in advance. Provide a contact phone number and email address.
- Group size: Limited to a maximum of 25, not including adult chaperones. In addition to the teacher or group leader, the group must be accompanied by at least one adult for every six students.
- Fees: Schools: no charge; other groups: $5 per person.
- Transportation: Transportation is the responsibility of the group/school.
- Dates Available: May through October.
- Hours: Limited to a total of two hours on site.
- Weather: The field experience will be cancelled in case of inclement weather. There is no adequate shelter at the Preserve in case of rain or snow. SFBG will determine cancellation and communicate with the group leader/teacher either the night before or no later than 7:30am on the day of the field experience. If fees have been paid, they will be refunded if trip is cancelled.
- In case of cancellation: SFBG offers the opportunity of rescheduling a field trip, provided dates are available.