- Provide names, telephone email and phone contact for your group. You will be given a SFBG contact name, phone and email information.
- Your group should be at the Preserve promptly at the time reserved.
- As a safety issue, we ask adults not to bring toddlers when accompanying a group.
- Restroom facilities are limited to one portable in the parking lot area.
- Cell phone conversations interrupt the nature experience. We ask that cell phones be turned off during the walk.
- No picnics. Snacks are allowed but groups are responsible for packing out any generated trash
What to Bring and Wear
Using hands to learn about Cottonwoods. Photo: Janice Tucker
Each group/class member should:
- Bring water and a hat. Sunscreen and bug repellent are also suggested.
- Wear long pants and closed shoes (no sandals). Trails go through some high grass and shrub areas.
- Pack curiosity and good observational skills. Be ready to look and listen.
- Group leaders/teachers should bring a trash bag to pack out any trash.
Rules to Remember
- Always allow the SFBG representative to go first when on the trails.
- Stay on the trail in order to respect the fragile ecosystems in this special environment.
- Do not pick the plants or take anything from the Preserve without permission.
- Have fun and bring your family back for a visit when the Preserve is open to the public.