Become a Volunteer – sign up now!
Volunteers are a valued and important part of our organization. Santa Fe Botanical Garden volunteers are dedicated to sharing and celebrating this beautiful place we call home with our friends, neighbors, and visitors.
Join with more than 100 SFBG volunteers to share your time and talents to serve the community, have some fun, and find new friends with common goals and interests – all while gaining valuable knowledge and experience.
Where can I volunteer? What can I do?
Volunteer at the Santa Fe Botanical Garden at Museum Hill or Leonora Curtin Wetland Preserve, as a docent, education volunteer, garden volunteer, GLOW volunteer, office volunteer, outreach volunteer, special event volunteer, in our Visitor Service Center.
- We are currently recruiting volunteers to work in the Museum Hill Garden. The Garden is open year round and staffed primarily with volunteers.
- Volunteer Docents will be trained to meet and greet visitors, offer tours and more. Docents guide visitors through our Garden.
- Volunteer Gardeners will work under the direction of our horticultural staff getting their hands dirty, planting, weeding and general maintaining the garden beds.
- Education Volunteers help with the myriad of students field trips and education programs we conduct with both the youth and adult in our community.
- GLOW Volunteers help with our winter lights festival event.
- Office Volunteers help the Botanical Garden staff in our office with a variety of tasks to help our office run smoothly.
- Outreach Volunteers help spread word to our community about our many education and special event programs throughout the year.
- Special Event Volunteers help with more major events such as our annual Solstice Fundraiser, weddings, and other bigger events. Volunteers help with check-in, greeting, and generally help in ensuring our more major events run smoothly.
- Visitor Service Center Volunteers are the first face to visitors in our garden. Volunteers help orient volunteers, answer questions, and ensure that all visitors have a wonderful time while visiting our garden.
SFBG Volunteer Benefits
Good feelings about helping a nonprofit organization
Chance to meet people and make new friends who share your interests
Annual volunteer recognition event
Annual volunteer potluck
Library borrowing privileges
I’m interested but have a few questions.
Call our Volunteer Coordinator at 505-471-9103 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yes, I’d like to volunteer – how do I start?
Begin by either completing the volunteer application online or by printing and sending a Volunteer Application form to the office.
Volunteer Application Form >> (PDF)
Post Office Box 23343, Santa Fe NM 87502-3343
Please tell us a little about yourself and where you would like to volunteer.