The first planting of the Orchard Garden and central walkway in 2013.
Volunteers are a valued and important part of our organization. Santa Fe Botanical Garden volunteers are dedicated to sharing and celebrating this beautiful place we call home with our friends, neighbors, and visitors.
Join more than 400 SFBG volunteers to share your time and talents to serve the community, have some fun, and find new friends with common goals and interests – all while gaining valuable knowledge and experience.
SFBG Volunteer Benefits
- Good feelings about helping a nonprofit organization
- Chance to meet people and make new friends who share your interests
- Annual volunteer recognition event
- Annual volunteer potluck
- Docent training
- Continuing education
- Library borrowing privileges
- Complimentary tickets to GLOW – A Winter Lights Event in exchanged for hours worked
Volunteer at the Santa Fe Botanical Garden at Museum Hill or Leonora Curtin Wetland Preserve, as a Docent, greeter, youth education volunteer, garden volunteer, GLOW volunteer, office volunteer, outreach volunteer, special event volunteer, or in our Visitor Service Center.
- The Botanical Garden at Museum Hill is open year round and cared for primarily by Volunteer Gardeners who work under the direction of our horticultural staff getting their hands dirty, planting, weeding, and maintaining the garden beds.
- Volunteer Docents are trained to meet and greet visitors, offer tours and more at Leonora Curtin Wetland Preserve and the Botanical Garden at Museum Hill.
- Leonora Curtin Wetland Preserve Greeters welcome visitors, orient them to the site, and assist Docents and staff.
- Youth Education Volunteers help with the myriad of students field trips and education programs we conduct with both the youth and adult in our community.
- GLOW Volunteers help with our winter lights festival event.
- Office Volunteers help the Botanical Garden staff in our office with a variety of tasks to help our office run smoothly.
- Outreach Volunteers help spread word to our community about our many education and special event programs throughout the year.
- Special Event Volunteers help with more major events such as our annual Equinox Fundraiser, Easter Egg Hunt, weddings, and other bigger events. Volunteers help with check-in, greeting, and generally help in ensuring our more major events run smoothly.
- Visitor Service Center Volunteers are the first face to visitors in our garden. Volunteers help orient volunteers, answer questions, and ensure that all visitors have a wonderful time while visiting our garden.
Have More Questions?
Email our Volunteer Coordinator, Claire LaRose, at email@example.com.
Ready to Start?
Due to the current COVID-19 crisis, we are not currently offering new Volunteer Orientations. Please check back as the situation stabilizes. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer in the future, please complete this application and we will contact you when we begin to offer New Volunteer Orientations again.
You can find a link to Volgistics here.
Photo by Brian Koehl