The first planting of the Orchard Garden and central walkway in 2013.
Volunteers are a valued and important part of our organization. Santa Fe Botanical Garden volunteers are dedicated to sharing and celebrating this beautiful place we call home with our friends, neighbors, and visitors.
Join more than 300 SFBG volunteers to share your time and talents to serve the community, have some fun, and find new friends with common goals and interests – all while gaining valuable knowledge and experience.
SFBG Volunteer Benefits
- Good feelings about helping a nonprofit organization
- Chance to meet people and make new friends who share your interests
- Annual volunteer recognition event
- Annual volunteer potluck
- Docent training
- Continuing education
- Library borrowing privileges
- Complimentary tickets to GLOW – A Winter Lights Event in exchanged for hours worked
Volunteer at the Santa Fe Botanical Garden at Museum Hill or Leonora Curtin Wetland Preserve, as a docent, education volunteer, garden volunteer, GLOW volunteer, office volunteer, outreach volunteer, special event volunteer, or in our Visitor Service Center.
- We are currently recruiting volunteers to work in the Museum Hill Garden. The Garden is open year round and staffed primarily with volunteers:
- Volunteer Docents are trained to meet and greet visitors, offer tours and more. Docents guide visitors through our Garden.
- Volunteer Gardeners work under the direction of our horticultural staff getting their hands dirty, planting, weeding and general maintaining the garden beds.
- Education Volunteers help with the myriad of students field trips and education programs we conduct with both the youth and adult in our community.
- GLOW Volunteers help with our winter lights festival event.
- Office Volunteers help the Botanical Garden staff in our office with a variety of tasks to help our office run smoothly.
- Outreach Volunteers help spread word to our community about our many education and special event programs throughout the year.
- Special Event Volunteers help with more major events such as our annual Equinox Fundraiser, Easter Egg Hunt, weddings, and other bigger events. Volunteers help with check-in, greeting, and generally help in ensuring our more major events run smoothly.
- Visitor Service Center Volunteers are the first face to visitors in our garden. Volunteers help orient volunteers, answer questions, and ensure that all visitors have a wonderful time while visiting our garden.
Have More Questions?
Call our Volunteer Coordinator, Shawna Jones, at (505) 471-9103 ext. 10 or email email@example.com.
Ready to Start?
Come to one of our monthly volunteer orientation with our Volunteer Coordinator. Monthly volunteer orientations alternate between weekdays and weekends month-to-month to help accommodate varying schedules. Please refer to our monthly Calendar of Events to find a New Volunteer Orientation that suites your schedule.
Photo by Brian Koehl