Our locations (click for more details on hours and directions):
Located at 715 Camino Lejo, with parking in the Museum Overflow Parking Lot, directly across from Milner Plaza.
Directions by car
Starting at from the area near the Plaza in Santa Fe, you will drive south on Old Santa Fe Trail. The road forks and take the left fork for Old Santa Fe Trail (the right fork is Old Pecos Trail). You will see the Liza Williams Gallery (806 Old Santa Fe Trail) on your right as you proceed. After the fork, continue a 0.9 mile as the road curves left toward Museum Hill. At the entrance to Museum Hill, turn on the right onto Camino Lejo and proceed a 0.3 mile. Turn right into the gravel overflow parking lot and park to the left near the entrance gateway of the Garden. Handicap parking is available. Alternatively, from Old Pecos Trail heading north (toward the Plaza), at the stoplight intersection with Camino Lejo turn right. The road curves several times and at the four way stop at Camino Corrales continue straight. Go past the Wheelwright Museum entrance (to the right) and continue until you see our large entrance sign on your left. Turn left into the gravel overflow parking lot and the Garden gateway entrance is on the left, at the south end of the lot. Handicap parking is available.
Directions by bus
Travel between Museum Hill and the Santa Fe Plaza by taking the “M” line operated in collaboration with Santa Fe Trails, the city’s bus line. Departures start at 7:15 am from the Sheridan Street station and continue throughout the day for a short 15-minute ride through Santa Fe’s beautiful neighborhoods. Take the New Mexico Rail Runner www.nmrailrunner.com to Santa Fe, take the Santa Fe Pick-up to Downtown, Sheridan Ave Bus Stop and take the M-Line to Museum Hill. Complete schedules, a map and fare information can be found online at santafetrails.santafenm.gov
Botanical Garden Hours & Admission
Spring, Summer & Fall Hours:
April through October – Open 7 days a week, 9am-5pm
November through March – Open Thursday-Sunday, 11am-3pm
Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Day
SFBG Members: Free (become a member >)
April – October Admission
- $10 – Adults from outside New Mexico
- $9 – Adults in-state New Mexico
- $8 – Seniors 65+, Active Military
- $7 – Students with ID and Youth (13-17)
- Free – SFBG Members and Children 12 and under
November – March Admission
- $7 – Adults from in-state and outside New Mexico
- $6 – Seniors 65 and up, Active Military
- $5 – Students with ID and Youth (13-17)
- Free – SFBG Members and Children 12 and under
No pets allowed in the Garden except service animals.
No smoking in the Garden.
FREE Community Days – once a month we will be publicizing a day of free admission to New Mexico residents (with ID) and students (with ID). Join our e-newsletter, follow us on Facebook, or Twitter to find out first! Community Days will also be posted on our website under Upcoming Events.
Botanical Garden Tours
- Group Tours are available upon request at least 2 weeks in advance, reservation required. There is a minimum of 10 individuals to be considered a group. Groups can request a docent guided tour. Request a reservation >
- Group rate is $8 per adult.
Plan a beautiful event or meeting at the Garden and entertain your guests with a memorable setting for any occasion. Visit our Facility Rental pages for rental policy, costs, photos, and information.
All guests are permitted to take photographs and shoot videos for private, non-commercial use, except in specific exhibits or areas where photography may not be permitted. Read the full photography policy >
Admission – Entry to the preserve is free. Donation suggested.
Hour of Operation during Open Season May – October:
- Saturday and Sunday 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Third Saturday – Early Opening at 7:30 AM. $5 early entrance fee.
- Fourth Saturday – 8:00 AM Bird Walk with Rocky Tucker
Guided nature walks are offered the first and third Saturday at 10 a.m. No reservations are necessary for these free walks.
- DIRECTIONS: The preserve is located on the I-25 West Frontage Road south of Santa Fe. From I-25 take Exit 271 for “La Cienega” and turn right onto West Frontage Road heading north. The parking lot entrance is 1½ miles north after turning onto West Frontage Road. From New Mexico State Road 599 (NM-599), turn south onto West Frontage Road heading toward the Downs at Santa Fe Race Track. The parking lot entrance is two miles south of the Downs at Santa Fe Race Track.
PO Box 23343 Santa Fe, NM 87502
Offices & Terence S. Tarr Botanical and Horticultural Library:
725 Camino Lejo, Suite E (not a mailing address; FedEx and UPS only) Santa Fe, NM 87505 Staff offices and the Terence S. Tarr Botanical and Horticultural Library are located in the Stewart L. Udall Center for Museum Resources on Museum Hill in Santa Fe.